Premium nursing and allied health database ideal for practice, research, or education—access to nearly 5 million records, more than any other nursing database!
Ovid Emcare, a partnership with Elsevier, sets a new standard in nursing and allied health research, offering an unparalleled nursing research combination: the world’s most comprehensive and trusted scholarly, peer-reviewed literature in nursing and allied health PLUS the advanced search and discovery technology of the Ovid® platform.
Whether you’re involved in nursing practice or research, or you’re a nursing student at any level, Ovid Emcare provides you with the best way to search, discover, and manage the information that matters to you. You can quickly and easily uncover evidence-based literature and the latest scientific advancements that support patient treatment in a wide variety of healthcare settings and lead to more cost-effective and higher quality care.
- Over 3,700 international journals indexed and with no embargoes—more than any other nursing database!
- Access to over 1,800 journals not available on other leading nursing databases
- Nearly 5 million records dating back to 1995
- Up to 250,000 record citations added each year
- Comprehensive scope of international content (more than any other nursing database!): 50% of journals from North America, 40% from Europe; 10% from other regions; 9% of all records reference non-English articles, though most have English-language abstracts
- 70% of records contain online abstracts
Subject coverage includes:
- Nursing Administration & Management
- Medical & Nursing Education
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Services
- Family Practice, Community & Home Care
- Geriatrics & Palliative Care
- Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine
- Behavioral Science & Psychology
- Complementary Medicine
- Dermatology & Wound Care
- Healthcare Information & Management
- Medical & Laboratory Technology
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Oncology & Cancer Care
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Public & Occupational Health
- Social Medicine
The Ovid platform offers features and functionality that make the research experience second to none:
- Search across all your Ovid resources with just a single query, including Ovid’s vast collection of nursing and allied health products—over 300 journals, nearly 1,000 ebooks, Nursing@Ovid, and Lippincott Williams & Wilkins journals, long-recognized as a leader in nursing publisher
- Simple exporting, filtering, and de-duping functionality
- Easily link to non-embargoed full-text journal content from a record or citation
- Complete integration with EMTREE thesaurus, which features more than 70,000 preferred terms (all terms mapped to MeSH terms)
- Use natural language searching and quickly retrieve accurate, relevancy-ranked results (advanced searching functionality also available)
- Apply search limits to precisely search systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
Customers who purchased this product also purchased these products:
Doody's Featured Books
Practical Thoracic Pathology A superbly illustrated, one-volume reference to pathology of the thorax.
A Visual Guide to ECG Interpretation
This book will help to test diagnostic skills and quickly identify potentially lethal cardiac conditions.
OVID CTS NewsletterDesigned to keep you informed on new journal, book, and database content from Ovid-as well as news about our Ovid, search, discovery, and management platforms.